Monthly Archives: November 2012

Bikini Hockey League Video Features Bikinis & Crazy Women (and Some Hockey)

Here at The touchlinetimes we are often shocked by the world of sport and this idea has been added to the list. Can this really be a sport ? You Decide.

Way back in September, we got a sneak peek of the Bikini Hockey League through two short clips. Today, we have a slightly longer clip that features the athletes moving into a house and starting to play some inline skate hockey. It is a mess. A wonderful train wreck of a mess. This looks like it could be Bad Girls Club meets pick-up hockey and why hasn’t SpikeTV picked up the rights to this yet?s Manswer would be the ultimate lead-in to the Bikini Hockey League. [via Puck Daddy]

 


Southampton FC Paid The Least To Agents in the Premier League 2011/2012

Premier-League_banner

Press Association 

The latest figures cover the period from 1 October 2011 to 30 September 2012, which spans two transfer windows. The amounts include payments made by clubs on behalf of players.

Bottom-of-the-table Queens Park Rangers paid the third-highest amount to agents over the past year, their figure of £6,818,688 topped by only the champions Manchester City and Liverpool, the Premier League revealed on Friday.

City were the biggest spenders on £10,537,982 – up from £9,663,700 the previous year – with Liverpool second having shelled out £8,600,444, an increase from £7,000,242.99. But it was QPR – who brought in a number of high-profile signings over the summer including Júlio César, Park Ji-sung, José Bosingwa and Esteban Granero – whose payments stood out, with their figure having almost trebled from £2,499,214 in 2010-11.

Promoted Southampton had the lowest figure (£646,106), with Swansea – last year’s lowest spenders – second-bottom of the list despite their payments having risen from £248,633 to £1,100,845.

Arsenal £5,580,873;

Aston Villa £2,730,539; Chelsea £6,490,382;Everton £3,092,891; Fulham £2,581,208;

Liverpool £8,600,444;Manchester City £10,537,982; Manchester United £3,681,580;Newcastle United £3,485,503; Norwich City £1,248,725; Queens Park Rangers £6,818,688; Reading £2,167,833; Southampton£646,106; Stoke City £1,717,266; Sunderland £2,173,762; Swansea City £1,100,845; Tottenham Hotspur £6,595,905; West Bromwich Albion £1,341,301; West Ham United £4,436,992; Wigan Athletic£1,974,305. Total £77,003,130


Tennis Referee murder case dismissed

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — The arrest of an aging tennis referee in her husband’s death was a shocker last summer. On Friday, the case took another surprise twist when prosecutors dropped the murder case against Lois Goodman.

The case was dismissed by Superior Court Judge Jessica Silvers due to insufficient evidence and without prejudice.

“I feel I’m being treated fairly now. It was just a terrible accident,” Goodman, 70, said outside court.

A dismissal without prejudice means the case could be refiled, but defense attorney Alison Triessl believes it’s over.

“We’re elated,” Triessl said. “This has been a living hell for her. Justice has been served. She did not do this.”

Goodman has refereed matches between some of the greatest tennis players in the world.

She had been accused of bludgeoning her 80-year-old husband to death with a coffee cup. She said she was innocent, and her lawyers suggested Alan Goodman died in an accidental fall.

The couple had been married 50 years and had three grown daughters. They lived in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles their entire lives.

Alan Goodman died in April. Authorities initially believed he fell down stairs at home while his wife was away, but they later said it was a homicide after a mortuary reported suspicious injuries on his head.

Authorities then alleged he had been clobbered on the head with a mug, and they began to treat Lois Goodman as a suspect.

But defense lawyers said there was little forensic evidence in the case because of the delay in the investigation. They recently disclosed Lois Goodman had passed polygraph tests supporting her claim of innocence.

She was arrested by Los Angeles police in New York in August as she arrived to be a line judge in the U.S. Open. She made her first court appearance wearing her uniform.

Goodman pleaded not guilty.

After a brief stay in jail, she was released on electronic monitoring and subsequently came to court for pretrial hearings with friends and family present to support her.

“I definitely want to get back to refereeing,” Goodman said after the dismissal. “But first I want to call my close friends that supported me and thank them again and again.”


Leicestershire FA charges football club in racism storm | Under 15’s

Leicester MercuryLeics&Rutland FA (1)Leicestershire FA has brought charges against a football club after alleged racist jibes were made during an under-15s match Reports

There was claims of abuse hurled at players and also a pitch invasion at the match between Blaby & Whetstone Boys Club and Leicester Nirvana.

Reports were made to the police and the Leicestershire and Rutland County Football Association (FA) after the match on October 21, in which Nirvana, which is based in Rushey Mead, Leicester, beat the home team 3-4.

Statements made alleged that spectators made monkey noises and offensive gestures towards black and Asian youngsters during the under-15s game at the ground in Warwick Road, Whetstone.

In a statement released last night the county FA said it would charge Blaby & Whetstone Boys Club FC with “failing to ensure supporters conducted themselves in an orderly fashion” and failing to keep them off the pitch.

An unnamed player from Blaby & Whetstone is charged with racially or religiously aggravated abuse and making similar threatening comments on Twitter.

Two other players will be charged with improper conduct for comments made on Facebook.

The match referee is charged with failing to report the improper conduct at the October 21 match, and a second identical charge relating to another, unspecified, match.

Blaby & Whetstone now has until December 13 to respond.

Tony Galway, chairman of Blaby & Whetstone BC Football Club, declined to comment on the news. He said: “We’re not going to comment until I’ve taken the new information to my committee.

“We will issue a press release later.”

If the club disagrees with the charges it can appeal.

If it accepts the charges, the FA will then decide what penalty is appropriate. It has the power to hand out fines or suspend the entire club and individual players.

Leicester Nirvana chairman Kirk Master said: “These sorts of allegations need to be dealt with.”

Police are continuing their separate investigation into the matter.

A spokeswoman said: “Our inquiries are ongoing into the report of a racial incident at a football match on October 21.”


Football: Top footballers urge rethink on U21 finals venue

(PARIS) – Dozens of professional footballers, including Didier Drogba, have written to UEFA in protest at a decision to award Israel the under-21 European championships next year in the wake of fresh conflict with Palestinians.

In a letter to the European game’s ruling body, which organises the tournament, the players said that allowing the Jewish nation to host the competition would condone its recent offensive against Gaza-based militants.

The players, among them a number of top players from the English, French, Italian and Spanish top flight, said they expressed solidarity with Gazans who were “living under siege and denied basic human dignity and freedom”.

“The latest Israeli bombardment of Gaza, resulting in the death of over a hundred civilians, was yet another stain on the world’s conscience,” they added in the letter, which was widely published on the Internet.

The players also highlighted the Israeli bombardment of a football stadium in Gaza on November 10 that killed four teenagers and the plight of a number of Palestinian footballers detained by Israel since February this year.

“It is unacceptable that children are killed while they play football. Israel hosting the UEFA Under-21 European Championship, in these circumstances, will be seen as a reward for actions that are contrary to sporting values,” the letter said.

“Despite the recent ceasefire, Palestinians are still forced to endure a desperate existence under occupation, they must be protected by the international community.

“All people have the right to a life of dignity, freedom and security. We hope that a just settlement will finally emerge.”

The eight-day confrontation ended with a November 21 ceasefire deal. Some 175 Palestinians, mostly civilians, and six Israelis, two of them soldiers, were killed in the conflict, according to the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights.

Signatories of the letter included five members of English side Newcastle United, among them Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse and Yohan Cabaye, Eden Hazard of Chelsea and the former Stamford Bridge star Drogba, who now plays in China.

The draw for the eight-team competition, which runs from June 5-18, was made this week in Tel Aviv.

A number of international pro-Palestinian groups and the Palestine Football Association itself have previously written to UEFA president Michel Platini, urging him to move the competition elsewhere


Are these the Two best players in the Championship | Head to Head

Bragging rights are on the line at Selhurst Park this weekend as npower Championship rivals Crystal Palace and Brighton and Hove Albion go head-to-head.

With both sides eyeing promotion to the Premier League this term, the match promises to be a real cracker. Here, we preview the encounter with the help of a fan from each club.

Take a look at these rising stars and decide who you think is the best  npower Championship player.

Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace)

 

Will Buckley (Brighton and Hove Albion)


Beckham’s Bladerunner BR RIB 35 Goes Under The Hammer | Olympics 2012

Bladerunner BR RIB 35 will be making one more journey on 3 December when it features in the Bonhams auction at Mercedes-Benz Brooklands, one of the highlights of the annual sale.

Britain's David Beckham drives a powerboat with the Olympic torch as fireworks are launched over Tower Bridge during the opening ceremony of the London 2012 Olympic Games

 

Now, that very same sleek, futuristic boat built by British yard Ice Marine, and used during the London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony will be up for grabs at the Bonhams sale at Mercedes-Benz World Brooklands on December 3rd. This very piece of British sporting history, which comes complete with its original heavy customization appointments, is expected to garner a handsome price of $402,600.

 “After a fantastic summer of British sporting success, Bonhams is proud to offer for sale the ultimate souvenir from the Olympic opening ceremony – what has been dubbed ‘the greatest show on earth’.

Tim Schofield, Director of Bonhams UK Motor Car department

torchbearer_bladerunner_br_rib_35_3nv5x

 

The Bladerunner joins other iconic British designs in the auction including a Hawker Hurricane aircraft estimated at between £1.4 million and £1.7 million The Hawker Hurricane is a British single-seat fighter aircraft that was designed and predominantly built by Hawker Aircraft Ltd for the Royal Air Force and became renowned during the Battle of Britain.

1343432249_david-beckham-torch_1b

Also up for sale are a number of important automobiles, including a rare 1931 Invicta S-Type, from the former British manufacturer based in Cobham, Surrey which is estimated to fetch between £450,000 and £550,000. Alongside this the Invicta is a 1938 Jaguar SS100, estimated at £200,000 to £250,0000, a British 2-seat sports car built by SS Cars Ltd of Coventry. The SS Cars Ltd Model 100 “Jaguar” was so named as the ‘100’ reflected the capability of the 3.5-litre model to exceed 100 mph – then a remarkable speed for a production vehicle.

 


Is this the Best Sporting Movember Ever ?

mankins

Nathan Carrol- Australian Rules Footballer

 


‘Freddie’ Flintoff’ having pre fight Jitters | Watch Live | Boxing

The ex-England cricketer has admitted that he has the jitters about the clash at the MEN arena but hopes to channel the nerves into his performance.

Talking to Sky Sports News, Flintoff, 34, said: “I’d be lying if I said there weren’t any nerves, but I experienced nerves in my career before, in cricket, and managed to use them to my advantage – so hopefully this will be no different.

Andrew Flintoff & Richard Dawson Weigh In

 

“It’s a big task I’m taking on, I’ve worked hard for it – and we’ll see what the result is afterwards.

Rejecting claims that the fight was nothing more than a publicity stunt, Flintoff said: “You can’t go into this sport for a bit of fun

“It’s a serious sport, it’s a serious business.

“He’s come here to win and so have I.”

slide_266563_1818446_free

 

Former England cricketer Andrew Flintoff weighs in for his first professional boxing fight.

The 34-year-old former all rounder will take on American Richard Dawson at the MEN Arena in Manchester after exchanging his cricketing whites for a pair of boxing gloves in a bid to prove himself in the ring.

Flintoff, who was part of England’s Ashes winning teams in 2005 and 2009, tipped the scales at 216lbs (97.98kg), 25lbs (11.34kg) lighter than his 23-year-old opponent who already has two professional victories.

Watch the fight live here en David Price vs. Matt Skelton

At Liverpool, England (Boxnation/WealthTV): David Price vs. Matt Skelton, 12 rounds, for Price’s British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles; Darren Hamilton vs. Steve Williams, 12 rounds, for Hamilton’s British junior welterweight title; John McDermott vs. Dillian Whyte, 10 rounds, heavyweights; Freddie Flintoff vs Richard Dawson


Andres Iniesta Appeals to save Albacete from extinction | Spanish Football

(Reuters) – Barcelona and Spain playmaker Andres Iniesta has written an open letter asking for people to invest money to help save his boyhood club Albacete from extinction.

Iniesta and his family are the third-tier club’s majority shareholders and he said they were doing everything they could to stop Albacete folding but needed more outside investment.

“Using this letter I would like to encourage everyone who has been connected with this club, former players, fans, companies and institutions to take part in the third phase of the capital increase so that we can safeguard our historic club,” he wrote.

“The country is going through a very difficult economic situation and we will only resolve this situation if all of us who can make an effort.”

Albacete, who have had a couple of stints in Spain’s top flight, are the latest club to suffer financially as the economic crisis gripping Spain dents revenue from ticket sales and sponsorship.


voxifit

The Voice of Fitness Blog

merchantsdream

Enlightening All Merchants on payment processing and technology

Being Rebekah

A journey towards excellence for Christ

theX1Z1

Join the REVOLUTION!

%d bloggers like this: